Bringing mindfulness tools to children
Mindfulness, meditation, relaxation are powerful tools that enhance resilience and prevent chronic stress. Children are especially sensitive to our stressful lifestyles, having many stresses on their own: exams, relationships with others, losses, moving homes, etc. Chilledren was born to bring fun mindful meditations to children.
By doing what they love (exercising, drawing, dancing, colouring, imagining childlike adventures) in a mindful way, they learn to be more present in their daily activities. That postively impacts on their brain development, performance in school and self-esteem.
Children in the autistic spectrum and diagnosed ADHD can benefit of mindfulness. Research shows that mindful meditation can help children with ADHD, increasing focus and concentration.
These are some of the tools we use in our mindfulness practices:
- Tai chi & qigong (Chinese health gentle exercises)
- Visualizations (magic carpets, swimming with dolphins, etc.)
- Mandalas and labyrinths (making, colouring, etc.)
- Sounds (emitting sounds, chanting, mantras, etc.)
- Meditations (breath, colours, body scan, progressive relaxation for kids, etc.)
- Our senses (smell: food; taste: eating; touch: objects; sound: music, birds; sight: colouring, nature)